Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New Friends......

Meet Ozzy ~
This is Ozzy (Ozzy the Osprey). Ozzy is a triplet ram lamb born 2 1/2 weeks ago. His brother and sister have grown rapidly and are twice the size of this little guy. He's needed some special attention and gets a bottle twice a day even though he still nurses his Mom and is nibbling grain and hay. He's a real sweetheart and loves people already. We all LOVE him and enjoy carrying and cuddling him. He's also made a new friend to cuddle with.
Banjo & Ozzy
Banjo has always been very gentle with the lambs and this time is no different. They were hanging out together this afternoon while we were doing chores at the barn.

Ozzy looked pretty comfortable when I finished with chores. Banjo was just laying there - this is just the most special dog. He has such an intuitive nature about things. This baby doesn't get the attention from the ewe that the other lambs get. He sure is getting it from Banjo. How lucky am I to be owned by this dog!

Thunderstorms rolled through again today...............

It looked like the sky was at war.....

On one side of the house we had blue sky and on the other side, these clouds were billowing in and the sky got so dark. It wasn't long before the lightening began and did it rain! No rain tomorrow they are saying - we are taking bets.

8 comments:

threecollie said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen!! I hadn't been around my blog friends this morning when Liz called in to me..."you have got to go on Tylerfarm right away and scroll down!" I am so glad I did.
Your sky photos are spectacular too!

Joanne said...

Wow! I've never seen anything like that before! Pretty sweet. Thanks for sharing that cozy moment. Wish my dogs would love other animals like that...thank goodness I don't have any lambs for them to "try out."

Deb said...

threecollie,
They are cute together :) Banjo has always been comfortable and gentle with the baby animals regardless of what kind they are.
Thankfully a quiet sky today.

Joanne,
Your welcome :) He is such a special dog - My other two dogs aren't that "sweet" with the other animals. Just today the hound went after Papa duck - all is well but not for lack of trying!

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

Is Banjo a farm collie? He looks and acts like our Australians, gentle with the babies, but protective if need be. The lamb is a doll, I love his colors.
More thunderstorms? At least the photos are gorgeous, maybe not the rain. We have now dried out completely, with no rain in sight for awhile. The typical Western Oregon summer. It won't rain until we threaten to cut hay.
Our friends live 60 miles away in the Oregon desert and can make hay anytime in the season.

Michelle said...

That is a priceless photo of lamb and dog. We had a black tri-color collie when I was a teenager that was the sweetest, most maternal dog I have ever met. When my little sister got a too-young kitten that still wanted its mama, the dog let the kitten "nurse" and kneed, even tho' the milk bar wasn't open!

Paintsmh said...

I just wanna scoop that little guy up and cuddle him!

Nancy K. said...

I just want to say that I love your blog, Deb! I thought I used to have a link to you on my blog but it's not there. I would love to add you to my blog roll, if you don't mind...

I can see why you love that beautiful collie so much!

Deb said...

Nita,
Yes - Banjo is a farmcollie. He has many similarities to the Aussies. I'd love to have an Aussie someday.
I hope you get the rains you need when you need them :) It just won't let up here ~ It would be nice to be able to make hay when the hay was ready for a change.

Michelle,
I've heard of animals doing that before but certainly have never seen such a thing! That was definately a special dog. Thanks for visiting :)

paintsmh,
It's hard not to pick him up and cuddle him everytime we are in the barn ~ now he comes running up to the fence whenever he hears a human voice. He's fun and growing like a weed.

Nancy,
Thank you! I'd love to be on your blogroll. I visit your blog often and love the photos of your lambs. I'm going to have one of those beautiful spotted lambs of yours one day. I just wish you weren't so far away!