Friday, December 19, 2008

~ A picture meme ~

I saw this picture meme on my daily visit to Northview Diary.
I have to go into Portland today, service the tractor and get the snowblower attachment put on before another six inches of snow arrives. Not going to have much time for anything else today.

The directions were to go to the 6th file in your pictures folder, choose the 6th photo and share the story about it. Tag 5 friends, notify them on their blogs that they have been tagged for this meme. It would be impossible for me to tag just five! If you would like to play along, please do :)


This is my beautiful Christmas amaryllis. It's the quickest growing amaryllis I have ever had. Only two blooms on this one but lovely none the less. I grow one every year and I'm never disappointed. I love the rich, red color although in previous years I've grown a pink and also a white with red stripes. All are gorgeous in my book.

~Wishing you all a wonderful Friday ~

6 comments:

threecollie said...

I love amaryllises. I bought a huge bulb at Wally World a couple years ago. It took a while to bloom the first time, but now it usually makes six or eight flowers!

DayPhoto said...

I give my bulb (after blooms) to the horticulture department where they repot them, and bring out more blooms. I think all in all they have about 16 plants out there, some have even made babies.

I love amaryllis also!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Deb said...

threecollie,
Wow...I've never had one that had that many blossoms on it. I'm sure it beautiful.

Linda,
That's so nice of you - I'm sure they appeciate your gift....I can just picture 16 amaryllis blossoming at the same time!

Egghead said...

Beautiful. I love amaryllis. I for some reason always forget to get one. Perhaps this should be my next years goal. I might be able to keep this resolution, huh?

Michelle said...

That meme just doesn't work for me since I don't store all my photos in one "Photos" file!

Tina - omme i London said...

I just found you on Michelle's Boulderneigh blog and fell for this meme straight away. I'll have to give it a bash and I've already checked and the picture is not bad at all. :)