Thursday, March 13, 2008

Welcome to our Peaceable Kingdom

Ten years ago this farm was simply a dream. Tremendous amounts of hard work, tears and I'm sure some blood somewhere have created what one of our dear friends has named our "peaceable kingdom". We are so proud of what we have accomplished as a family. My husband and I and our two sons live and work here as well as my Mom and Dad.
We raise shetland and finn sheep as well as pygora goats. We raise several vegetable gardens, a variety of meats and have a dairy cow for milk, butter, cheese and yogurt. Chickens, ducks and guinea fowl provide eggs and great tick control. Three farm dogs and several barn cats round out the list. Oh, can't forget Donkey :0)
Hope you enjoy our updates and visit often......spring is imminent and here that means lambs and kids any day. I'll post photos for sure.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi! I'm glad you posted your blog addy in your message to the Shetland list, because I enjoy following other Shetland breeders' adventures. We're on opposite sides of the country, which always makes for a different perspective!