Friday, March 14, 2008

Farm Help


The adult dog in this photo is Banjo. He is an American Working Farm Collie and came to live here about 7 years ago. He is my constant companion and best friend. I absolutely love this dog. He instinctively knows what to do when I need him to do it and has from the very beginning. The young pup, Dapper Dan, is an English Shepherd. He came to live with us last summer. He is now 10 months old and has been following Banjo around the farm. Today he showed us what he has learned by watching and listening.
These little creatures are pygora goats. We raise them for fiber and fun. They are normally very good at staying in but we have two boarders who have learned to escape on a regular basis. During night chores they were out and I said to Dan, "put em' in Dan". Sure enough, he rounded those little guys up and put them right back through the fence where they came out of. He then sat down and waited for me to tell him "good job". I was so proud of him! He has a wonderful personality and is a great all around family dog. Loves the farm and is learning quickly from Banjo. We lucked out again.



















No comments: