Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Lazy Birthday Sunday ~

Hurricane Kyle has been steadily moving up the east coast heading for Maine and dumping several inches of rain on us in the last three days. The downeast coast is going to take the brunt of the storm with 70 to 80 mph wind gusts and the heaviest rain. It's been a good long while since Maine has seen a hurricane. We are thankful that this one is mild mannered and won't hang around for long. September has been a rainy month. Hopefully October will bring a beautiful, long Indian summer. I love the colors of the turning leaves and fall flowers - Asters, mums, flowering kale, etc. We always have a display at the fair and this one sits in the front of our barn

Today is my 40ish birthday and my family treated me to a trip to the LL Bean flagship store in Freeport, Maine. It's a fairly short trip from our home that we make once or twice a year. This weekend was the annual hunting/fishing expo with guest speakers, product reps, etc. The place was packed! Freeport is always busy 365 days a year. Even during a blizzard the shops are open and have customers. We all enjoyed seeing the new product lines and everyone made a purchase or two for the upcoming hunting/winter season. We ended the trip at Buck's Naked BBQ - some of the best BBQ eating in the Northeast. Yum!! It was a lovely way to spend a dreary, rainy day. I do realize just how lucky I am :)

LL Bean Flagship store, Freeport, ME

As I continue with winter preparations, I'm trimming my sheep flock by a few more head and I have these two handsome shetland ram lambs for sale. Both are registerable with the North American Shetland Sheep Association. Horns on both are looking terrific and the fleece on both of them is gorgeous. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I'd love to find them both great homes. The sire of these two looks just like them and his fleece is a gorgeous copper color and as soft as butter.

Tylerfarm's Towhee
Tylerfarm's Woody

Thanks for visiting - I hope you all had a nice weekend.

3 comments:

threecollie said...

Happy belated birthday!

Pamela said...

Happy birthday from me, too. I love that giant shoe in front of the store.

I'm afraid with our drought down here we aren't going to have any fall color at all. Leaves are just turning brown and falling off. This makes 3 years with no fall in a row. Very sad.

Paintsmh said...

Oh they are so beautiful!

And happy birthday!!!!!!