Thursday, May 29, 2008

Another good day ~

It's a beautiful sunny day here in the Northeast. I am always greatful to wake up to sunshine and birdsong. All of the critters were singing their song as I made my way to the barn this morning. The lambs were jumping and bouncing - Always puts a smile on my face.

Hummingbird Feeder/Gift from Tyler

I received this beautiful hummingbird feeder as a christmas gift from my youngest son. It hangs on the front porch directly in front of the window over my kitchen sink. It's amazing to watch several hummingbirds at a time feed from this feeder. They are such amazing little creatures. We also purchased an Oriole feeder which also hangs on the front porch. The Orioles first tried the hummingbird feeder. It was funny to see them suspended by their feet, trying to fit their beaks in the small ports. Didn't take them long to figure out they weren't going to get anything to eat. They drain the Oriole feeder quickly.


New Oriole feeder



My planting project.........

It has become a habit to check the weather forecast early in the morning.......we won't be planting today either. It was cold last night. 34 degrees. They are saying the same thing tonight. Blessed rain on saturday we hope. After the storm they are predicting 45 or above each night for quite some time. Looks like we might be able to plant on sunday! I am sooooo anxious. I may find time to plant the glads today and a couple of other things. We need to put up temporary sheep fencing and put down more fertilizer before we can play in the dirt.

Finished project!

I finally finished a knitted project. These socks are for a childhood friend of mine. They are made from our finn wool that I dyed last fall. I'm hoping they will keep her feet nice and cozy this coming winter.

Have a great day!!!


No comments: