Saturday, July 24, 2010

Maine's Open Farm Day

Join us on Sunday, July 25 from 10 - 3 for Maine Open Farm Day!

Maine's Agricultural Community welcomes visitors on Open Farm Day ~ 

Every summer on the third Sunday in July, farms all over the state of Maine open their barn doors to the public to give them a chance to see where their food and fiber comes from.  Stop in for a visit.  We would love to chat with you about what we do here.  Visit with the sheep, draft horses, cows, donkey, pigs, goats, guines, chickens, ducks, rabbits, dogs & cats that make up the animal kindgdom here at Tylerfarm.  

Browse our Farm Mercantile.  We have a new supply of natural and dyed spun yarns  and roving from the sheep and goats that live on the farm and a couple of alpacas that spent a little time here as well.  Everything in the shop other than food products will be offered at 20% off!  

We will have spinning demonstrations throughout the day; farm tours at your own pace; a petting area and  folks around to answer your questions and chat with.  

The newest hatch on the farm ~

To read a nicely written  article about he farm and Open Farm Day, pick up a copy of the Tourist News.  A free guide to southern Maine and what's going on.  We were very proud to be approached by these folks and are so pleased with the article.  Thank you Anita for a job well done!

Hope to see you all on Sunday!  

10 comments:

threecollie said...

We can't make it to Maine, but it is certainly a pleasure to read about your wonderful farm. Congrats on the keets!

Anonymous said...

I wish I was closer because I would love to attend!

Good luck with it.
It sounds like a very good event.

The guinea and keets are so pretty.
We had 2 large hatches this summer but 1 hatch is down to 3 and the other 6. Too many varmits around to catch them.

Have a good time at your Maine Open Farm Day event.
Pam

lisa said...

Boy, oh, Boy, do I wish I could make it and Matt will be disappointed that we miss it. He is back to working and is even working as I post this.

Callie Brady said...

Having the farms open to visitors is a wonderful idea. Wish I could take a tour. The people of Maine are very lucky. Thanks for your posts and photos.

Gayle said...

I would love to see a Maine farm. Maybe someday I'll get to the East Coast. (My son was just in PA for skateboard camp...lucky kid!). Hope you have lots of visitors (and many new customers).

Shula said...

Good luck, it sounds like a wonderful event. I hope you have a very successful day :)

Carol said...

Hi Deb, It was great meeting you, Steve, your son, mom and dad... and the entire animal family today! Your farm is wonderful, pristine and I loved all the animals! Hope you can come to Kennebunk sometime!!!

DayPhoto said...

Oh how I wish we could come!!!!

Good luck on the event!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site tylerfarmhomestead.blogspot.com
Is this possible?